When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rat-Rod Pay Dirt, Prewar Zenith, Higgins, Elgin Twin.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
-

Scribble

Wore out three sets of tires already!
img_0020-jpg.jpg

What I think is a Monark badged as a J.C Higgins, Super cool girls bike seems fairly original.
img_0023-jpg.jpg

img_0024-jpg.jpg

img_0022-jpg.jpg

img_0025-jpg.jpg

img_0027-jpg.jpg

img_0030-jpg.jpg

Prewar Zenith think its Hawthorn built.
img_0032-jpg.jpg

img_0031-jpg.jpg

img_0033-jpg.jpg

img_0034-jpg.jpg

img_0035-jpg.jpg

All these bikes are from a 80 year old gentleman thats been collecting since the 60s, so I know there not original but there an awesome stating point. And you can't argue that a $150 Elgin Twin. In total I only paid $450 for all these bikes and the Root Bear thermometer.
img_0049-jpg.jpg

img_0038-jpg.jpg

img_0039-jpg.jpg

img_0040-jpg.jpg

img_0042-jpg.jpg

img_0043-jpg.jpg

img_0045-jpg.jpg

img_0050-jpg.jpg

Cool Stuff. You did good.
I hope that I will still be doing bike deals when I'm 80.
Snyder built that Zenith and Rollfast bicycles.
H.P. Snyder/Harris is the same; but mixed and confused by me.
DP Harris Hardware owned the Rollfast name, and made ball bearings and skates. HP Snyder was the factory contracted to make bikes for DPH's various badges, as well as many Hawthornes.

The Twin Bar is interesting. The rear rack looks like its from a Raleigh Sports. Does anyone recognize the chain guard?

This bike was found and customized in the 60s by the previous owner, the chain guard, fenders, rack, lights etc. Are all not original.
I literally had an american pickers experience when I got these bikes, had to dig it out of the hoarder den. There's still about 50 more bikes there a lot of them prewar's, with the home grown paint jobs using 60s lead based paint.

Back