When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rat Rod Spaceliner Trike "The Trashliner Trike"

-
Price
$160
Zipcode

Bike from the Dead

I live for the CABE
Ad withdrawn. The Trashliner Trike's getting parted out for my entry into the ratrodbikes.com Muscle Bike Build Off!

Up for sale is a 1950s/1960s Sears or Murray Space/Flightliner girl's bike that has been converted into a rat rod trike.

I bought this thing (as-is) a few weeks ago with the intent to part it out for some of my own bicycle projects, but I later found that there really isn't much that I can use for my own purposes.

The trike is in the same shape as when I bought it, the only exception being that I cut the wires holding the wood box on the back as I wanted to look at the trike axle underneath. The box is included with the trike. This trike is rideable as-is, but there is a small spot on the rear axle that needs to be welded back together, as it causes the right rear tire to rub against the frame. Another important thing to note is that there is considerable flex in both the frame and the springer fork, and it makes for quite an experience riding this thing. I won't lie, it feels every bit as sketchy as it looks, but it does pedal fairly easy, and the coaster brake leaves little to be desired. And yes, that's actual glitter on top of the paint.

I'm asking $160 for this trike. Local pickup in Sapulpa, OK. I would consider partial trades for a Schwinn Town & Country Tri Wheeler-style trike rear end if you have one.

bftd_spaceliner_trike_15-jpg.jpg

bftd_spaceliner_trike_17-jpg.jpg

bftd_spaceliner_trike_21-jpg.jpg

bftd_spaceliner_trike_26-jpg.jpg

bftd_spaceliner_trike_19-jpg.jpg

bftd_spaceliner_trike_28-jpg.jpg

bftd_spaceliner_trike_30-jpg.jpg

bftd_spaceliner_trike_32-jpg.jpg

bftd_spaceliner_trike_33-jpg.jpg

bftd_spaceliner_trike_34-jpg.jpg

bftd_spaceliner_trike_13-jpg.jpg

bftd_spaceliner_trike_25-jpg.jpg

bftd_spaceliner_trike_23-jpg.jpg

bftd_spaceliner_trike_24-jpg.jpg

bftd_spaceliner_trike_22-jpg.jpg

bftd_spaceliner_trike_4-jpg.jpg

bftd_spaceliner_trike_6-jpg.jpg

bftd_spaceliner_trike_7-jpg.jpg

bftd_spaceliner_trike_10-jpg.jpg

bftd_spaceliner_trike_11-jpg.jpg

Last edited:
@Bike from the Dead I Like The Front Sprocket!!! Hahaha. I'd aim for parting it out .... maybe
Oddly enough, that was my original plan for this trike. I especially wanted the sprocket and springer fork, but I'd rather just sell the trike whole and get the parts I really want for my trike build than try to sell everything individually. Maybe if it doesn't sell after a while, I might just do that.

Back