When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rattle Can Painting

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
i just finished this tricycle with rustoleum and it looks great i have used
yhe same on frames and thay all look good i have never used a clear
coat after so its up to you if you want to use clear if you do use clear
get the same brand clear as the paint some dont mix well togather
good luck.this is befor and after pic
100_3991.JPG
tricycle 061.JPG

2x is what I got (was 2/$7 but they either have a normal green or olive and that's not quite what I wanted), still I also got my white for the fender tips...

Is there something I can try to blend, like a fluorescent that will brighten it?

I want something more like this:

hawthorne1.jpg

I'm not going for metallic at all, it's for the 1951 Rollfast frame this summer.

Rustoleum 2x cover from home depot is probably the best spray I've found lately.

Goes on thick, so the first light coat is kinda tricky, but after that it's pretty easy.

Their colors seem to work great, spray on and your done, but the black can clog up and spray in globs, and the white sometimes has a powdery finish, and both need extra sanding.

Like stated above, either spray all your coats in one day, 20 minutes or so apart, or wait days for it to fully cure.

One trick I use to avoid orange peeling when using multi colors, is spray Rustoleum automotive clear coat (also from home depot) on your base color, than spray the darts, stripes, or whatever other color over that.

The Rustoleum auto clear coat is the best I've found. Goes on smooth, gas resistant, and leaves a nice, hard coating.

Back