When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rattle me can?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Pauliemon

Finally riding a big boys bike
I decided to try a rattle can paint job. I usually powder coat it or have one of my painter buddies do the deed. This is my 36 Schwinn C model.
20170703_110524.jpg

20170703_110234.jpg

I'm going to have to redo the left side seat tube. It's a little off center, like me.
20170704_120153.jpg

It turned out pretty nice so I figure I'm on a roll. Let's go for it!
20170716_070642.jpg

Dang man I'm a pro!
20170716_070910.jpg

DOH! I'm gonna put that pro status on hold. In retrospect, it's prefect.

:D That monkey is a little shy.
Looks good, what are you masking your paint with in regards to the C model? Are you going to shoot clear over it?

:D That monkey is a little shy.
Looks good, what are you masking your paint with in regards to the C model? Are you going to shoot clear over it?
Masked it with a stencil kit I got off Ebay. The seller is oldstuff4yousheepdog, I've used a couple of his kits and they work well. Rust-oleum flat black and satin Hunt Club Green. I airbrushed the fade on the spears with satin Moss Green.
20170719_102923.jpg

The people at Home Depot are pretty sure I'm a "Huffer".

Masked it with a stencil kit I got off Ebay. The seller is oldstuff4yousheepdog, I've used a couple of his kits and they work well. Rust-oleum flat black and satin Hunt Club Green. I airbrushed the fade on the spears with satin Moss Green.
View attachment 646971
The people at Home Depot are pretty sure I'm a "Huffer".
Yes I'm going to spray clear satin over it.

20170719_104254.jpg

The stock fork is bent I mean really bent. Since its a 20" frame it has a tall head tube. Which means I can use a fork off a girly bike with a longer steer tube.
20170719_104128.jpg

I'm going to use this fork off a 39 Hiawatha girls. The headlight is off a 1957 International Harvester tractor. Is it me or do any others out there have a hard time painting over patina?

Back