When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Raynal Made In England

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Darkgift06

On Training Wheels
Looking for some info and suggestions. I found this bike
image.jpeg
the other day and thought I could fix it up as a nice beach crewzer. Any info on date, model, tips on bringing back to life? All I can find is that the company made bikes from 1937-1959.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Thanks, Chad

I found this one clue online
it's a B.C.C.(phillips) brand of bike.I don't have any direct info on this brand but it was one of the brands built by the British Cycle Corporation Ltd.

Check the inside of the Perry brake arm for a date code.

The 40-14 is not a date code, but probabky is instead the drilling information.

I love these old loop frames from an aesthetic point of view. 26" or 28" wheels? Post pictures when you get it back together.

answering out of turn, I'm pretty sure it's 26" (650A 26x1-3/8) - it's the Brit version of a balloon-tyre bike.

Nope, small 24"X1-3/8" rims. Can't quite see the date stamp till I pull off the break arm. Looks like ?-52 or ?-57

Nope, small 24"X1-3/8" rims. Can't quite see the date stamp till I pull off the break arm. Looks like ?-52 or ?-57

The first digit set would be the month, the second two digits are the year. So, could be a 1952 or a 57, depending on that second digit. That would be the date the hub was made. Your bike is likely slightly newer, accounting for the time shipping and time in stock for the hub. However, it would probably not be significantly newer, perhaps a few months or so.

Thanks everyone, lots of good info. I hope to have it back up and ready to ride soon, and I'll be sure to post pics. So far I'm finding lots of chrome that was buried in grease

looking forward to the photos - please do post them - often folks don't come back here after they get the info they're after

Back