When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Re-chrome

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Make sure the parts you want plated are suitable IE not terribly pitted or rusted...

do some research with price checking at the local chrome shops....find out if they Triple plate..... copper, nickel, chrome...

maybe ask some vintage car people in your area for advice on best shop.

And Bob-don't forget to mention to use a chrome shop he can trust to not screw your valuable parts up! It takes time and sometimes a few parts to get the chromer/polisher trained right. Sometimes the guy writing your tag up is not the same 'Magilla gorilla" working in the back grinding your parts down to nothing!

And Bob-don't forget to mention to use a chrome shop he can trust to not screw your valuable parts up! It takes time and sometimes a few parts to get the chromer/polisher trained right. Sometimes the guy writing your tag up is not the same 'Magilla gorilla" working in the back grinding your parts down to nothing!

Funny you should mention that.....I've been happy with my latest chrome shop, used em for several years now no issues
...but after picking up the last load a week ago.....
A drum brake hub and a NICE Torrington prewar Deco Stem were missing!
They're 'looking' for the parts.
But being that they were the most "collectible" in the lot I brought in ...makes me think a Bike guy with knowledge pinched them...
hopefully not and they can find the parts.
Blows!

Anybody see a Nice Torrington Rechromed stem and postwar drum brake hub for sale Nice and SHINY ....LMK

And make sure the chrome shop isn't dumping their toxic waste in a pit they dug down in their basement. (Green Ooze)

Never had anything chromed or rechromed. Found this

Screenshot_20200121-081610_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20200121-081652_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Funny you should mention that.....I've been happy with my latest chrome shop, used em for several years now no issues
...but after picking up the last load a week ago.....
A drum brake hub and a NICE Torrington prewar Deco Stem were missing!
They're 'looking' for the parts.
But being that they were the most "collectible" in the lot I brought in ...makes me think a Bike guy with knowledge pinched them...
hopefully not and they can find the parts.
Blows!

Anybody see a Nice Torrington Rechromed stem and postwar drum brake hub for sale Nice and SHINY ....LMK
That is not good at all! I hope this is not the shop you recommended to me. I was actually getting a few parts to take there and give it a try. Plating is getting to be a huge gamble. Not that it never was....... Seems like it cost a premium for the ENTIRE process. Chemical and human....... Hope your parts show up.

Back