When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Re-chrome

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Had some stuff chromed and the hubs no longer said schwinn and as bolts were smooth, and still had to pay! Totally bs..

Maybe there should be a thread about chrome plating shops. Recommendations and warnings. By states, areas, etc. All bikes had plating. Not all original plating will clean up and some people just like it fresh.

Last edited:
take a picture of the group of parts at their counter.
Email them a copy and you have proof of the parts you brought in.
Doesn't mean they can't still loose them tho....

They do that for me.....they take good pix of stuff....so they know what's missing

they have a good record so far....hopeful the parts will show up.

What was concerning was that the 2 items were more on the "premium" parts side of the load of plating...
like a "bike guy" knew what they were and nabbed em.
Lost items are random generally...
Stolen items tend to be 'hand picked'

take a picture of the group of parts at their counter.
Email them a copy and you have proof of the parts you brought in.
Doesn't mean they can't still loose them tho....
I would take a picture before taking the items to the plate shop then account for each piece when you get there. It would also be a good idea to let the chrome shop know what you consider the replacement value of each part - after it's been plated. Re-plated may be the only way you can find a replacement for what's missing. Be generous with yourself; it might give the guy who owns the shop an incentive to keep an eye on things. Write up something, to go along with the pictures, and get him to sign off on it as well. You might need a document for the courts (hope not but in today's world ???????).

Ed

The secret of the ooze.....Bob's parts!
And make sure the chrome shop isn't dumping their toxic waste in a pit they dug down in their basement. (Green Ooze)

I drive past and have Driven past the green Ooze every day. It has been running out of the crack on the freeway for YEARS now.
It's only as of late that things are happening. You could call EPA before and be on hold for hours.
Must be an election year.

Last edited:
Some states are shutting Chroming down so they are sending it to Illinois. You can not Chrome without polluting. I think that all chrome will be valuable in 5 years.

There are a few guys in my Riviera Owners club who use a chrome shop in El Paso, TX. They're getting great results for not much money. Their thoughts are that the chrome shop in El Paso is taking the parts into Ciudad Juarez, Mexico for the actual plating.

Back