When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Re-cover A Saddle Quick & Cheap.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Last night I sat in this chair.It is sitting out in the garage and I also looked it over really good. Being a retired carpenter I can appreciate the amount of workmanship that's in the wood base /stand. It is in excellent shape. I may keep it to replace the the almost 40 year old chair I have in the downstairs bike-room. It is very comfortable and reclines back.
The garbage truck was right behind me as I picked it off the street.
I hate the waste in this country.

Made the decision to keep it. Too good to cut up. More then likely will come across another . Most of these leather chairs the seats are shot. The sides and backs are what you look at for the saddle leather.
012.JPG
You are right Trips , I will keep this one don't have the heart to ruin it.

I want to add this: Don't be in a rush when doing your saddle. Don't be a schlock like me and be in a hurry ... cut your padding neatly. I have used foam before but I did not like the "feel" of the finished saddle. The older saddles were not as soft .If I wasn't so cheap I would go out and buy some heavy felt for the padding, but that's just me.
Don't get discouraged if your first try turns out looking like a first grade craft product as mine did.
I had hoped that some of the other fellows doing seats would chime in here as far as how they do it, as I know it would be welcome to learn their way as to improve this thread, as I am indeed a "Schlock".

While getting ready to do my second saddle recover, looking for tips, I found this thread. The first saddle I did last summer for my Pea Picker. I would have preferred to use an original looking cover, but I had to do it in a rush with what I could quickly get my hands on.

This is the bike with the original cover.
krate-seat-1.jpg

krate-seat-2.jpg

I removed the cover and cleaned the pan.

krate-seat-1.jpg

krate-seat-2.jpg

I sprayed adhesive on the pan and covered it with foam.

krate-seat-3.jpg

Then, I sprayed the foam with adhesive and covered the foam with leather that I bought at a local leather shop.

krate-seat-4.jpg

krate-seat-5.jpg

krate-seat-6.jpg

The next saddle that I am going to do is for my 1943 Dayton military bike.

joes-saddle-1.jpg

Back