When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RE: Parting out 1930's Excelsior Motorbike ( H P Snyder )

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Status
Please reply by conversation.

filmonger

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
In Memoriam
20131201_135633.jpg
20131201_135713.jpg
20131201_135655.jpg
20131201_135646.jpg

I am parting my 1930's 28 inch rimed Excelsior Motorbike ( H P Snyder ) framed bicycle. All offers considered. I bought this bike from Luxlow a few years ago. This early Ballooner Motorbike was made by Excelsior Manufacturing Company Michigan City. This is a H P Snyder made frame and Luxlow dated it somewhere between 1934 - 1938. According to Luxlow This Excelsior frame is a crossover 28 inch wheel motor bike frame with a true 26 inch ballooner truss fork. The Crossover motorbike was built to make use of older stock and manufacturing setup and was common to some company's first endeavours in the balloon tire bike market ( 1934 - 1936 )....Though someone on the Cabe should have a fair idea of the exact year. Excelsior Cycles went through a few different ownerships and manufacturers - in 1911 Schwinn bought and start producing Excelsior Bicycles and Motorcycles until 1931. Then H P Snyder / D P Harris / Rollfast acquired Excelsior in the 1930's. This is a fine example of a Balloonner bike with motorcycle styling. This bike has been restored by Luxlow as found with a few improvements to cruise with style.

This is a Full size men's bike, restored with riding in mind. Early Crossover Ballooner frame and fork painted deep gloss black. The wheels are early restored 26 x 2.125inch step sided ballooner rims powder coated and laced with Mussleman hubs. The tires are repro Prewar Red Good Year Patterned Quality rubber. The Orig. Struts, Stem. Crank, and Sproket have been beautifully re-chromed. The headset and Torrington bottom Bracket are an unique silver ( Looks Aluminum ). I have a Torrington period war bars ( still coated in army green ) that I planned on getting Chromed as a proper period replacement. The Grips, Pedals, Drop stand, and seat post are nice reproductions. The seat is a wonderful Vintage Wrights leather saddle - the bike was restored by Luxlow as found - he suggests that it would have had stainless stepped gutter fenders, a deep bucket saddle and cross braced handle bars. There is conflicting Excelsior H P Snyder ownership dates ans this is how Luxlow decided - although the frame is H P Snyder - H P snyder could have sold Excelsior MFG Co Michigan City frames for assembly of their bikes before H P Snyder bought Excelsior. This Excelsior Bicycle is restored - item located in Cairo GA - attachments below are older pictures from when I first bought the bike - handlebars below are not on the bike.

Army Green Torrington bars - 25.00 plus shipping
Handle bar Stem - 35.00 plus shipping
Vintage Wrights Saddle - 35.00 - plus shipping
Motobike frame with fork & struts ( no badge ) - 350.00 plus shipping
Stepped rims with red brick repro tires and musselman hubs - 150.00 - plus shipping
Tear drop repro pedels - 25.00 - plus shipping
Chrome Crank & Sproket - 65.00 - plus shipping
Rear Stand - 35.00 - plus shippiing
Excelsior badge - 35.00 - plus shipping
Seat post - 10.00 - plus shipping

Attachments

• excelsior4.jpg
    excelsior4.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 228
  • excelsior3.jpg
    excelsior3.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 200
  • excelsior2.jpg
    excelsior2.jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 202
Last edited:
Nice Bike!

How sad to part out such a nice bike! With all that beautiful work you did on it. I wish I could buy the whole thing.

jim c.

Yes it is a shame..... But there has been no interest in the bike what so ever whole or parted ( other than the wheel set & chain )! You would think someone would give an offer on her - but alas, she would need a few things for those who want originality. Heading over to the Bay in the next few days.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Back