When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

re-pop Stingray slik

-

coasterbrakejunkie1969

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
I have a '70 Stingray that I use to beat on and ride quite a bit. I recently purchased a re pop slik for the rear. I figured no big deal if not an original I can skid and ride without the fear of ruining a original tire. Well it came on a cheap wheel and seeme to have a hop. i attributed it to the rim. Well when i got it mounted on my S-2 it still had a hop. Is it really possible that they can not even produce a balanced round tire? I will beat it up a bit and most likely put it on a bike to sell. I know it is a re pop from another country and should not expect much but at least a round tire would be a start. Going back to the Duro sliks from now on. Check out my saran wrap set fix, good as new hahahahaha

IMG_0362 (1).jpg

IMG_0364 (1).jpg

IMG_0363 (1).jpg

Hey man, it just occurred to me. If the tire is warped on one side put a 20x1.75 tube in it inflated to 45psi and leave it alone for at least a week or more.
Schwinn ran 20" middleweight tubes at higher pressures in the BMX Scrambler tires.
It may help reshape the tire so it rides better.
Hope this helps man.

Hey man, it just occurred to me. If the tire is warped on one side put a 20x1.75 tube in it inflated to 45psi and leave it alone for at least a week or more.
Schwinn ran 20" middleweight tubes at higher pressures in the BMX Scrambler tires.
It may help reshape the tire so it rides better.
Hope this helps man.
I'm hoping it was misshapen from sitting and having it aired up will even it out.

I'm hoping it was misshapen from sitting and having it aired up will even it out.

I've had this experience with other tires. Making sure they are seated properly/even all the way around can be challenging with Chinese tires that have been shelved for a while. Then get out & ride on a hot day to help "knead" them back into proper shape. May take a couple times but have had good luck with this method in the past.

Sometimes I've had cheap inner tubes cause a tire to inflate all wonky or the tube got twisted/uneven from not paying close attention during install. I like to talc the tire & tube to prevent them from sticking which can cause uneven inflation.

Hope this helps.✌️

If that doesn't work, maybe you could skid on the high spot a few times to remove the hop! 🤣 🤣 (kidding)

I've had this experience with other tires. Making sure they are seated properly/even all the way around can be challenging with Chinese tires that have been shelved for a while. Then get out & ride on a hot day to help "knead" them back into proper shape. May take a couple times but have had good luck with this method in the past.

Sometimes I've had cheap inner tubes cause a tire to inflate all wonky or the tube got twisted/uneven from not paying close attention during install. I like to talc the tire & tube to prevent them from sticking which can cause uneven inflation.

Hope this helps.✌️

If that doesn't work, maybe you could skid on the high spot a few times to remove the hop! 🤣 🤣 (kidding)
I aired it up and have been riding it seems to be smoothing out. Also the outer 2 edges of the tread are higher then the middle, I'm planning on putting some sand paper to them to bring them down.

Back