When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Read this if your child is getting a bike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
And if an American company built a bike with a plastic stem, the product liability lawyers would swarm them like flies. How do the Chinese get away with it?

Why anyone would buy a new plastic bike at a Mega Store when perfectly good steel bikes exist locally on CraigsList
(or at the Town Dump) is beyond me.
A wad of Nevr-Dull, a little grease and some air for the tires and you are good to go!

Of course, we might be biased here....

Why anyone would buy a new plastic bike at a Mega Store when perfectly good steel bikes exist locally on CraigsList
(or at the Town Dump) is beyond me.
A wad of Nevr-Dull, a little grease and some air for the tires and you are good to go!
Town dump bulk find hopefully some salvageable for white elephant gift

Perhaps to vex me, my wife snuck out and bought a Huffy/WalMart mountain bike for herself. Anyway I would wind up spending a few hours working on it.
The rear derailleur was so way out it barely worked at all. I ended up truing the wheels so the brakes wouldn't rub, oh yeah those needed adjustment too. I didn't think to check lube on axles etc.
Now that I write this, I probably should have taken it back.
Well, she likes it. It is a really pretty green.

Back