When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ready for Rehab with a Schwinn

-

AndyA

Wore out three sets of tires already!
I'm getting a new hip tomorrow. In preparation for rehab, I set up a 1977 flamingo-colored Schwinn Suburban (5-speed, model 570) on a trainer in the cellar. The open frame and bright color should be just the thing.

-----

😃

What sort of videos do you plan to watch while you are on it?

You will likely want a fan as well...

-----
Thanks for reminding me. I need to set up a phone holder on the handlebars or, better yet, something for my laptop. I'll probably be watching World Cup matches.

-----

😃

What sort of videos do you plan to watch while you are on it?

You will likely want a fan as well...

-----
Thanks for reminding me. I need to set up a phone holder on the handlebars or, better yet, something for my lap top. I'll probably be watching World Cup matches.

-----

one small accessory you might wish to consider adding to the setup would be an antimacassar for the top tube

have seen cycles employed on the trainer where the top tube became crusty orange with rust due to perspiration

there are purpose made ones with elastic loops which go over the saddle pillar and stem or you could fabricate something
an easy and cheap one would be to slit a swimming pool noodle

-----

Back