When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Real 1934 Monark Silver King bicycle early frame

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

John

I live for the CABE
I bought this as a modified Silver King, but when I looked at the frame pictures and the frame rivets I thought that it didn't look like a modification to me, so I bought it. Later when I started researching I found that it was the first year, first frame design, with the open lug Silver King frame, designed by George Lewis for Monark. George Lewis had worked for the Mead Cycle Co. and did a lot of the design work for them. I found the early open lug frame patent filed Aug. 1, 1934 before the second patent of the closed lug frame design Dec. 14, 1934.

16468907_1263726566997376_692504183_n.png

20190101_091339.jpg

20190101_091349.jpg

20190101_091405.jpg

20190101_091415.jpg

I bought this as a modified Silver King, but when I looked at the frame pictures and the frame rivets I thought that it didn't look like a modification to me, so I bought it. Later when I started researching I found that it was the first year, first frame design, with the open lug Silver King frame, designed by George Lewis for Monark. George Lewis had worked for the Mead Cycle Co. and did a lot of the design work for them. I found the early open lug frame patent filed Aug. 1, 1934 before the second patent of the closed lug frame design Dec. 14, 1934.

View attachment 927151

View attachment 927152

View attachment 927153

View attachment 927154

View attachment 927155
Nice bike Amigo Happy New year.....:)

View attachment 927151

View attachment 927152

View attachment 927153

View attachment 927154

View attachment 927155

Very nice, I like the rib down the center of the fenders. It is neat to find differences

Beautiful bike!
I've never seen that frame with those early open lugs before.
Amazing find!
The ribbed fenders are sweet!
They seem a little wider and fill out the wheels a bit more.

Back