When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Real or Fake Sky King

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Real or Repop

• Real

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Repop

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters

Robertriley

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Repop or Real.

I saw this posted somewhere and the guy states it's a real 1930's Skyking. I tried to point out that I thought it was a repop and even sent photos or repop ads and real Skykings. He won't budge on his ad. I simply don't want the next buyer to be disappointed. I'm 99% sure it's a faded out repop but I could be wrong since I'me not a tricycle guy.

img_2259-jpg.365633

img_2260-jpg.365634

When in doubt, I usually go by the workmanship and materials used to determine whether an old trike or repop. If they seem too flimsy and/or cheaply made I know it's a repop. Real Sky King tricycles of the '30s were built pretty strong like most other ride on toys of the era. I've seen an adult (not me) ride a repop SK and have the front wheel bend up under his weight, and he wasn't that heavy. The real thing would have handled his weight without breaking like that. I have a repop myself and the paperwork that came with it specified only one rider should be on it. You know a real one from back then could easily take a second rider on the back step, as children often did.

Dave

I was sure that it was a repop but the owner posted it here and I told him that it was a repop and he didn't want to pull his ad. This is why I started this thread so buyers would be educated about it. The ad is no longer up.

Back