When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Real or made to look old sign?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
After looking at all the sellers other sign offerings, I say fake. The rust on the backs all look the same. If these were originals and intended for exterior use, the backs would not be raw steel. Nowhere in the listings does the seller indicate these are real.

Good call. I saw a few 48" inch signs in solds and many seem to have same rust pattern ...those have sold for 300-500 dollar range but you put Schwinn on one and it's crazy high now....

in my opinion=real. as for other signs the same size-these weren't made by schwinn-by a sign maker and cheap-who made many signs the same size-not finished on the back-just enough holes to hammer a few nails to the side of a building. cool sign. i didn't carbon date the rust on mine but it sure looks old-light damage-as expected-circa 1939.

in my opinion=real. as for other signs the same size-these weren't made by schwinn-by a sign maker and cheap-who made many signs the same size-not finished on the back-just enough holes to hammer a few nails to the side of a building. cool sign. i didn't carbon date the rust on mine but it sure looks old-light damage-as expected-circa 1939.
Schwinn wouldn't "Approve" of a raw steel back on a sign. Or would they? haha

Back