When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Real or made to look old sign?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
The "Schwinn built" font is horrible, and the re-created rusty back is a dead giveaway. Buyer BEWARE!
I just saw the episode of AP recently where they bought an old "Airplane Rides" sign and got duped......signs are difficult. Buyer BEWARE!
Schwinn always used a classy font...

The "Schwinn built" font is horrible, and the re-created rusty back is a dead giveaway. Buyer BEWARE!
I just saw the episode of AP recently where they bought an old "Airplane Rides" sign and got duped......signs are difficult. Buyer BEWARE!
Schwinn always used a classy font...
View attachment 1690945

I don't recollect ever seeing anything Schwinn with that lazy S like on that sign. That is horrible looking. One clue the counterfeiter did to alert people?

No comment on authenticity or lack thereof, but for reference.

Here's a comparison of pics in current listing (bidding to over $2K as I type this!) and a couple of ended listings for similar signs, including one from seller "thecabe":

No comment on authenticity or lack thereof, but for reference.

Here's a comparison of pics in current listing (bidding to over $2K as I type this!) and a couple of ended listings for similar signs, including one from seller "thecabe":

View attachment 1690966
View attachment 1690961
View attachment 1690962
View attachment 1690963
View attachment 1690964
View attachment 1690965

Nice work rounding another one up. Doesn't look like it's ever been hung. That lazy S is not Schwinn's style IMO.

Final bid was a sniper shot.
$2,325.00

She sells a ton of those signs painted on sheet metal. Nicely done and may be cool to own, but not authentic if that's what you're looking to buy. One rule of thumb as a sign collector, if you've never seen it before, it's probably a fake.

If nothing else and the one showing the different parts, it tells you the painting process that was used - baked on phosphate, baked on primer, baked on aluminum base, baked on enamel final coat. That in itself might answer some questions.

it does make you wonder-they must know! don't see terrible feedback either. at the right price you have to admit makes great decor for the bike room....2k is not it. like 250-that is decent. i have one and the nice big size fills up the wall-has a light patina to it also-its just for decor.

Back