When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

really big chainring

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

kccomet

I live for the CABE
i do love the big chain rings, i sold this bike 4 or 5 years ago and traded back into it. its got an 80 tooth front and a 20 rear. it has a minor bump in the top tube but i still like it quite a bit. anyone else have some big ring bikes to show

laclede 2 001.jpg

laclede 2 002.jpg

laclede 2 003.jpg

laclede 2 004.jpg

I wish I had taken pics of what I made. It was a 100 tooth chain ring that I put on Stronglight crank arms with a 3 speed rear hub. It was a blast to ride, and the looks I got were priceless. This was back in high school when I could actually turn it over. To see these examples is awesome! And imagining the riders way back then using them.

Correct me if Im wrong here but that 80 tooth 1/2" pitch should be equal to the 40 tooth 1" pitch we see on the Racycle Pacemakers shouldn't it?.... Either way, cool Laclede! Not a common ride at all!!

Eventually, you get to the point where you have to use two big chainrings.

Attachments

• Record Bikes.jpg
    Record Bikes.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 327
Back