When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Really?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I restored a picture of fordmike65. It came out pretty good, don't ya think?
Screen Shot 2018-03-27 at 10.02.59 AM.png

Last edited:
If a bike is painted in non factory colors and pattern this is called a "custom" not a restoration. V/r Shawn

People get that confused a lot in this hobby... one would think it be easy to figure out which is which but alas... ‍♂️ what bobcycles does is a true to the term restoration...if you tape off your pins, use non factory colors or patterns, chrome things that were never chrome then that by definition is a custom... rattle can paint jobs are a custom. Not saying that that what was used. I’m just adding that to the list. A restoration is when you follow exactly what came from the factory.. tracking down nos parts ect... when you add something just cause you like it and it’s not period correct for that model then it’s a custom... sure, some kid could have added something.. but at its core, paint colors , paint details and metal finish and what it had including period options when it left the factory , those are key if yer going to call it a restoration...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With that being said, I’m not knocking the bike at all. I’d ride it and too me I think it looks cool... I only know about schwinn details and us schwinn guys have been known to pick apart to the point we bitch about the proper screws , so My brain is only wired to pick apart horrible B6 or phantom restorations... [emoji41] and the occasional aerocycle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
The use of the word "restoration" separates the novice from the true bike person. Beginners use the word for anything they do to a bike. If it is not exactly like it left the dealer/factory it is not a restoration.It has bee made a custom. It is best to learn the correct word when describing a bike.CL is full of "restorations".

Back