When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rear Axle Length

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

palanterra

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Searched, but surprisingly cannot find the answer to this seemingly simple question...The details...Older (1970's) 26" "10 Speed Frame"(two chain rings in the front, 5spd freewheel in the back), 120mm rear drop out spacing...Hubs with conventional threaded axles...Rear axle is missing...Was there a "standard" rear axle length for this set-up? If so what was it? Thanks in advance!!

-----

if the cycle 26" wheel rear axle was likely solid as opposed to hollow/quick release

so length not critical as long as it is long enough...

-----

I have 120mm frame with 5-speed rear wheel 26" bsd 590. Rear axle approx 160mm / 6.3".

I knew there was something I forgot to do when I got home. Roughly 165mm end to end. My calipers don't quite reach that far. Both Schwinn hubs pictured, 1979 low flange and 1978 high flange. Not present here, but Schwinn usually has the thick serrated washers that need a little extra thread room.
1000001241.jpg

Back