When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rear Wheel Spacing

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

wrongway

I live for the CABE
Does this look right? It doesn't to me. It looks too far to the left. I had the axle out, but never took the left cone off. You see in this picture that I don't have the the derailleur on yet. Not sure if that makes a difference. The right side has an extra washer. Thoughts?

Looks like you maybe accidentally flipped the axle or mis-placed an axle washer? I have done that a few times...

Fiddle with the axle spacer washers a bit..... (re-position left or right then re-install to the see the dish result)....it will require removing the wheel and moving cones left and right etc...kind of a process you have to go through I think. You may have forgot to put back in place an axle washer? Does the wheel slip cleanly into the drops still?

Fiddle with the axle spacer washers a bit..... (re-position left or right then re-install to the see the dish result)....it will require removing the wheel and moving cones left and right etc...kind of a process you have to go through I think. You may have forgot to put back in place an axle washer? Does the wheel slip cleanly into the drops still?
Yes, it seemed to go into the frame smoothly. I must have gotten the washers and lock-nuts messed up. I'm not sure if it was right before I started?

take the wheel out of the frame, put the parts as they should be on the left side of the axle, use a cone wrench on the cone and open end wrench or crescent on the lock nut and lock those down tight against each other on the axle, then do the same with the drive side making the bearing adjustment as you like.

The Schwinn service manual has all this info

Back