When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Reasons to Join The Wheelman or The Veteran Cycle Club

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
@tacochris join! I live not too far from you, lets get some more Texas meets and rides going. I believe the Texas state Captain lives in your town.
I would love that man!
Most of my old rider buddies have either gone to modern stretch custom cruisers or gotten out due to divorce or whatever, so I ride alone mostly and its sad. We use to be 10+ strong and all on old bikes.....those days have since dwindled down to just me on something genuinely old. Funny enough I noticed that Mr King lives in the same town as me yesterday and wondered why i had never heard of these folks!

I've been a Wheelmen member for decades and by joining you get:
4 quarterly Newsletters with info on bikes, yearly rides, for sale, wanted, services offered, etc.
2 Wheelmen Magazines (Summer and Winter editions) that are very nice with excellent photos and articles on bicycles and just about everything else bicycle related.
You also receive a Roster of all Wheelmen club members with phone numbers, addresses and email contact information which is super helpful.
My collection of Wheelmen Magazines and Newsletters span from the beginning of the club in the 1970's to the present. The information contained in these publications is invaluable and sometimes only exists within their pages.
Join The Wheelmen and you won't regret it.
Mike Cates, CA.

Last edited:
My annual plug why people should join the Veteran Cycle Club and the Wheelmen. Both have great publications you will receive and maintain important libraries to do bicycle research. The V-CC has a vast selection of marque specific books they have published which are available for purchase. There other reasons as well which you can explore such as rides and events.

IMG_6697.jpeg

IMG_6703.jpeg

IMG_6704.jpeg

I have no experience with VCC but I can say that my experience with the Wheelmen has been less than optimal--and I'm being nice. I can understand and empathize with the love of old bicycles but not folks rooted in the same technology of 100 years ago!

I have no experience with VCC but I can say that my experience with the Wheelmen has been less than optimal--and I'm being nice. I can understand and empathize with the love of old bicycles but not folks rooted in the same technology of 100 years ago!
Maybe you should volunteer to fix that part of it Shawn. They don't have paid employees to build and manage their website, it is all people donating time.
Their group on Facebook is great!

Maybe you should volunteer to fix that part of it Shawn. They don't have paid employees to build and manage their website, it is all people donating time.
Their group on Facebook is great!
If I were retired and had the time then maybe. I spread myself too thin as it is-I'm sure you can relate. I'm not a FB user so I don't get anything from that either. It took me just over two years for them to establish my membership and I spent six months trying to get my user account fixed on their forum-it worked for a bit then something went wrong again and I haven't tried logging in since. In today's digital world it is going to be tough to survive if you can't deliver a decent service across multiple web platforms. Not trying to be argumentative just relating my experience. Obviously, others have a different experience and find value in belonging.

My experience with VCC has been excellent. They've always been very friendly and responsive. Joining and renewals can be done electronically or by paper mail. The magazine and annual book come in the US mail. I sent them scans of an unusual pre-war Raleigh US market catalog I bought last year for their library. It's worth joining for anyone interested in English type bikes, Sturmey Archer, etc.

Back