When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Reasons to Join The Wheelman or The Veteran Cycle Club

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Funny that this is coming up - I joined the wheelmen a month ago and got an email back right away asking if I had been a member, which I was, but haven't received my new member packet. I may not get one since I was a member once upon a time.

I tried a few times to join the wheelmen.Never got a response. I am a bike collector not a snob .I have bike friends so I quit trying to join.Dont need them . maybe some day I will try them again but for now I dont need em.lol

I tried a few times to join the wheelmen.Never got a response. I am a bike collector not a snob .I have bike friends so I quit trying to join.Dont need them . maybe some day I will try them again but for now I dont need em.lol
I feel ya--a bad experience in the past with them being non-responsive. I submitted my application and paid yesterday and got an email response last night saying my membership pack would be mailed out in the next few days. Given the mail service lately I'll be lucky if it makes it within three weeks. It really doesn't matter too much since I'm not there but I should have plenty to keep me busy when I get home! V/r Shawn

I wrote a check for $35 on May 23, 2013 and sent it in with my app to join. Paul was president at the time I think. It was cashed on July 15, 2013. I never heard a thing back. Emailed numerous times. Mentioned it the following year to the Michigan chapter president at the 2014 Ann Arbor show. He was the one who gave me the app in 2013 a year earlier. He told me he would take care of it. I never received anything yet and in 4 months it will be 8 years. To any that may be able to help, I am obviously no longer interested in joining them. I just want my $35 back. I have a scan of the front and back of said check if anybody needs proof.

Thanks for writing about the 50 inch Victor light roadster , .I will try to get a photo , . It is a Rare project bike , .I think this is the 5th 50 inch Victor I have ever seen , I rode my 54 inch Victor across America in 1984.., Victor's are some of the nicest riding ,highwheel bikes ever manufactured

Back in the 1980/90's, they were pretty snooty when it came to bikes being made after 1910 or so.
That hurt them a lot on bringing in new blood.
I imagine that group has thinned out now, due to age.
There are and were a great group of collectors, that appreciate bikes of all the years, who were Wheelmen.
I was in it, for awhile, but family expenses and balloon bikes, pulled me in a different direction.
A nice, friendly takeover/partnership, with the CABE would be great.

Ive been talking to rusty_apache about joining The Wheelman and I may venture that direction soon enough. Ive been deeply interested in teens/20's bikes for a long time and I hope to steer my collection that direction eventually.

Ive been talking to rusty_apache about joining The Wheelman and I may venture that direction soon enough. Ive been deeply interested in teens/20's bikes for a long time and I hope to steer my collection that direction eventually.
@tacochris join! I live not too far from you, lets get some more Texas meets and rides going. I believe the Texas state Captain lives in your town.

Back