When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rebirth of old'40 DX restoration

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Chainguard is ready.. pic's to follow later! Fenders showed up yesterday and already sandblasted and body works almost done, pictures to follow on that also! Getting closer....

Chainguard and couple other touches are on, until fenders are ready...

I was lazy, color matches, I just didn't clean bike before piks..... will see some tomorrow from the Long Beach swapmeet.... correct chainguard I just got with fenders are ready to paint...

IMG_20210227_165954189.jpg

Update...few more things done to it, found some nice jeweled grips, correct year crank and nicer sprocket and chromed 11 tooth for rear and some cool repop persons pedals and decent strut rods!

Also I have been working hard on the tank and finally have it in paint...

Now gonna put the up facing wings stencils on tomorrow or next day and paint the white on it for the reverse paint scheme rest of bike had originally with the reverse fenders! This last picture is the tank before hand, can see how thrashed it was!

Thinking gonna hold off on fenders for now... but it's coming together... more to come! Stay tuned my friend....

Tank was stenciled and painted this morning.... okay, my painter says I have to have fenders on it, so he's starting on them now! Reverse color's is gonna be sik....

Finally finished the painting of the tank and boy, it came out way better than expected....

Installed it on the bike yesterday, looks pretty sik.... now on to the fenders, front one is pretty jankie, thinking I need to find a nicer front! What y'all think about the reverse color's?

It looks good! You asked. I personally liked it better without the tank. If the tank stays then the fenders have to be installed. Very cool bike

It looks good! You asked. I personally liked it better without the tank. If the tank stays then the fenders have to be installed. Very cool bike
Thank you, and I did ask for opinions and I value yours! Thing that sucks is bought a set of fenders for it and the front was to far gone...guy said great shape and couldn't see in pictures well, so my bad! Rear is in great shape, now in search of a nice'40 DX front fender so could be a while. My painter doesn't want to do up rear until he's doing both! Urgh

Back