When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rebirth of old'40 DX restoration

-
I guess person changed mind about rear brake hub, so now search is on for a nice rear hub! Need something with nice chrome!!!

Found a sweet ND model d and laced it up yesterday, pictures to follow soon! We also got the chrome chainguard in etching primer! Will be painted white today for the pins and painted maroon hopefully later this afternoon!

Just saw this project for the first time today. It's amazing! I'd love to have your painting skills!
Thanks for the compliment and wishing I did have those skills, but I can't take credit for it! Mike owner of seaside auto body across street from me does the paint work! Does custom Harley's and rice rocket's! Best part though is that I pay him with panini sandwiches from my Cafe! He wants to do a whole bike for the pictures! Trying to get @Goatroper to bring him his pieced together deluxe auto cycle for a freshen up!

Got front wheel back from truer and put a old goodyear on it, I know hahaha! Put on bike with the shorty lever!

Keeping chrome wheelset on it but, what do you guys thinking for the tires? Black or cream and brick?

Picking up chainguard today and back wheel also! Will try the cream and clay on back one to see what it looks like!

Back