When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rebirth of old'40 DX restoration

-
Bad news is rear wheel wasn't ready yet, said tommorow, and chainguard hanging ready for final color and lost the paint.......lmao, looked for an hour, then decided if doesn't appear in the morning mixing new batch...doh

Good news is bought complete set of fenders today and being shipped, so going all the way on this one! Painting both the fenders and now thinking gone this far, might as well paint frame? Painted fork, chainguard, having to paint some fenders now?
What y'all think? Newer chrome hoops, forebrake is fresh chrome.... chime in... appreciate your guys opinion, good or bad!

Reactions: ian
Thinking only piece I'm missing is a kickstand for this build! Anyone? Gonna post in wanted section....

So after painting the chainguard 3 times, it got sand blasted again yesterday and starting over! I did put the new rear wheel I built on it with a old Allstate tire and a old goodyear on the front! Weird riding old tires, but boy does it ride nice! Hopefully fenders come today! Here's a couple pics...

For some reason it will never ride past this place....

Thanks for following, was thinking of selling it as it is.... could use fenders on another project! Of course chainguard WILL be finished and included.... LoL ! On the fence about painting fenders for this one!

IMG_20210222_171049810.jpg

Looking great...I like the brake with the shorty lever! As far as adding the fenders, that would be a hard call for me, being the decisive one that I am! If selling, I would probably keep it the way it is, but would most likely paint the fenders with the chain guard if I was keeping it so I could have options if I wanted to (but that’s how my indecisive brain works!).

Didn't take long to change your mind! If it is set to go let it go before it grows on you. Maybe you just like the process.

Last edited:
Didn't take long to change your mind! If it set to go let it go before it grows on you. Maybe you just like the process.
I like original paint bike's most, but got sucked into this one! I'll probably finish it and just put it up at our cafe on display! Shorty lever won't stay with it if I sell it or display it!

Back