When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent find, but as yet unable to determine the brand.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Wasn't trying to be catty bud, I was just pointing out the fact to the OP.
I love posting original adverts and glad you did.
The paint may not be original at all, it's anybody's guess.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never said you were trying to be catty bud, but when you point out a "fact" to the OP
adding that it was not much help of what I posted.
Why don't you look first at what you are posting?
At least I provided something. What have you contributed to help him find out what brand bicycle.:)

Last edited:
Anywho what I thought was interesting was that enlarged portion of the tubing on the downtube, pretty much all I had to say.

Thank you for the response, what sites or pages have you looked at that you could recommend ?

I simply typed "Massey bicycle" on Google images. You should find a lot of them come up.
Most had a kidney-beaned shaped sprocket. None had the Fauber sprocket.
The crank on your bike is probably a replacement, the right arm should probably join in the circle (broken) of the sprocket and not in one of the diamonds.
Any badge holes on your headtube? The Massey badge in the pictures is distinctive.

I’m inclined to say that is definitely not original paint, too sloppy, pins are way off and the head set has black paint on it. I also think that sleeve is an old repair, otherwise what’s the point? It looks wrong.

I'm with Jesse on the sleeve, it almost has to be original unless the sleeve is split and we can't see that. How would you ever get it on the tube? Just my two cents I guess.

If it is "sistered" over the downtube like a sleeve for an old repair it could be possible, the confusion would be why not replace the whole tube if you're going to replace part of it. Does it seem like the headtube to downtube joint has been repaired? Should be able to feel/see it unless super finely done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nicholas, nice to meet you. I am Mark, from Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. I noticed your bike, I believe it to be an early (WWI) Canadian-made Berlin, out of Berlin, Ontario. See attached image, similar tubing, similar fork and crank. Good luck.

20160602_130353.jpg

That bike was mine till a years ago. Berlin Racycle And it does look like the other bike. Also mine had Fauber crank also. Kitchener was called Berlin till WW1

Back