When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rechroming Question S2 wheels

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

atencioee

Finally riding a big boys bike
Hello everyone! I have a set of non-knurled S2s I'd like to have rechromed. I'm a little scared though because they have thin/skinny stamping. Is there a way to rechrome with thinner plating than the triple plating or to rechrome in a way the stamping can be saved? If so, would the chrome job still be durable and of quality? Has anyone had success when rechroming skinny letter stamping and know of any chromers who could do a good job of saving the skinny letter stamping?

20191110_163434.jpg

Hello everyone! I have a set of non-knurled S2s I'd like to have rechromed. I'm a little scared though because they have thin/skinny stamping. Is there a way to rechrome with thinner plating than the triple plating or to rechrome in a way the stamping can be saved? If so, would the chrome job still be durable and of quality? Has anyone had success when rechroming skinny letter stamping and know of any chromers who could do a good job of saving the skinny letter stamping?

View attachment 1094056
from my experience it will depend on the one doing the chroming, take the hoops to the chromers and tell him your concerns, I have done the same on a broken hoop just to see the results of the chrome plating on the lettering, if it would be buried or be legible

Would flash chrome (no polishing) be an option?
I've tried that as well, can be done on small things but rims are subject to shock, flexing, tire mounting and so on, it looks great and has some advantages but might flake off and once again depends on the prep and workmanship of the platers, but this is just my opinion and experience on what ive gone through

Back