When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recognize This Ball Light?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Avanti

Look Ma, No Hands!
I've seen these chrome bubble lens ball lights pop up from time to time but was never able to identify the brand. Anyone know what firm (i.e. Delta, Seiss, Miller, etc.) made these?

ball light from trexlertown.jpg

I noticed that the switch is similar to ones found on 50's era Seiss ball lights but there is no brand name (not even a "Made In The USA").

Balllight4.JPG

Balllight5.JPG

Balllight2.JPG

Balllight6.JPG

Balllight3.JPG

Delta china:smile:

Actually I just got confirmation from a collector that these lights were manufactured by Delta - though never stamped. They made a brief appearance in the early 1950's and were offered in both standard and reflex versions - both battery powered. I found images of a reflex version in green and was able to compare the internals to an earlier Delta Reflex Models #A2225 / A2229 (see images below). Apparently, the light was never offered as an option on any production bicycle.

DeltaComparison.jpg

Delta Reflex version...
DeltaReflex2-2.JPG

DeltaReflex2-1.jpg

Back