When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RECOMMENDATION NEEDED - BRASS CASTING SERVICES WANTED

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

1motime

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Looking for a recommendation of someone who does Lost Wax brass or bronze casting of small parts. Small foundry who is reliable and capable. My local guy is no longer up to the job. California would be good but who is out there?
Might be good info for others here also! Thanks!

Scout around for a local artist/jeweler who does casting and/or ask at whatever "maker spaces" are nearby. Check the guides to any "open studios" by artists in your area. What kind of tolerances do you need?

What are you making?
Trying to duplicate this streamlined sheet spring metal cover. 30's BF Goodrich trike. Same old headaches just on a smaller scale. Pattern is made. Oversize for shrinkage. Just need a piece of metal. Actually two so they match. I can go from there. Going to finish this project no matter what! Any help is appreciated!

Scout around for a local artist/jeweler who does casting and/or ask at whatever "maker spaces" are nearby. Check the guides to any "open studios" by artists in your area. What kind of tolerances do you need?
I thought about that myself. Was sort of surprised. Most "studios" just want to do art or jewelry. Nothing wrong with that but is the same process. My Blobs are not glamorous enough! It is all work though!

is that sheet metal? a person could make a pair of those out of sheet metal on a hammer form. maybe some sort of metal craftsman is another consideration.

maybe start with a piece of something with the same basic shape, then hit it with a hammer until it looks right.

is that sheet metal? a person could make a pair of those out of sheet metal on a hammer form. maybe some sort of metal craftsman is another consideration.

maybe start with a piece of something with the same basic shape, then hit it with a hammer until it looks right.
Sheet steel. I started to hammer form one. Have done this type of fabrication for many years. Wasn't coming out smooth enough. Too deep of a draw. They will be chromed so was hoping for a thick enough surface that didn't need a lot of prep. A decent solid casting would only need smoothing. Easy? In theory at least! Having a workable theory is sometimes only a theory.....

Back