When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recondition head badge

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Sandman

Finally riding a big boys bike

Can this brass Rollfast badge be saved with a vinegar or OA bath ?

Last edited:
I used Brasso Brass Polish for my 1935 Colson headbadge. I then washed it thoroughly, and allowed it to sit somewhere clean and dust free for a few days until I smelled no more traces of residual ammonia from the polish. I then painted in the lettering, and put a clear lacquer over the entire piece so it won't tarnish again. If there is any original paint on your badge still, I think it could be damaged by the Brass Polish, and would need to be redone afterwards. I see some of the writing on your badge; if it is embossed or etched into the metal, I think it will be safe, but if it is paint that the lettering is made of, it could be damaged like I said. I've been using that same bottle of Brasso for nearly 10 years, and still have plenty left, so it last quite a long time. Good Luck with your project, and keep us posted!

1598394411935.png

Back