When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recycled, Reused, Repurposed or Whatever

-

mike j

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
I know that there is a tremendous amount of talent on this site, and I'm sure that I'm not the only one known to scrounge, just a bit. Let's see what some of you have come up with. Here is a makeshift dust cover, nothing too great, but it's done the trick & it's color coordinated.

fullsizeoutput_62a.jpeg

:blush:aluminum cans make good shims for seat post and handle bars especially in the mountain bike crowd where there are 15 to 20 different metric seat stem sizes,,Handle bars slipping 1 shim , Elmers' glue and a pinch of sand no more slip.I have to do it all the time on these china bikes for the neighborhood kids, they strip real easy.,,,been doing it for years..also helps from over tightening those art deco stems they keep breakin,,,LOL,,,, I enjoy OLD SCHOOL ways:blush::blush::blush:

Not much talent on my end but I made this brake cable truss rod clip thing. I can’t stomach zip ties so I took a thin piece of sheet metal and shaped it slightly smaller than the circumference of the truss rod and brake cable and then hardened the steel by heating it up and rapidly cooling it off in water...several times. It has a nice springy feel to it.

CB781901-85A0-44BB-91B9-B7E27D74E819.jpeg

A4C3997C-E258-458D-A946-20060F14F2C7.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm not very creative which is why I hope this thread stays active...I can use all the innovative reuse ideas I can get. :smiley:

No picture but, have fabricated dropstands from chainlink fence flat bar boardering.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I used some of that to make a rack mount once. That stuff is THICK (and not too easy to bend).

Back