When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Red on Red Panther

-

hawkster19

Wore out three sets of tires already!
I bought this 1953 red on red Panther frame, fork and chainguard a few weeks ago from Danny (thanks, Danny!). My original plan was to just make a cool ride out of it. After scoring the exceedingly difficult to find correct tank and rack at the Memory Lane swap, I decided to just go original with it since I already had the rest of the original parts for an early 1950's Panther.

I have some stuff to still acquire to get it all the way there - especially the correct Rocket Ray - along with a few other small parts but I'm loving how it turned out so far. I may also eventually put a nice pair of white wall Typhoon Cords on it but then it would just look like every other red on red Panther out there. So not sure about that yet.

DSC_0301.jpg

DSC_0291.jpg

I wonder what a set of John's red white walls would look like on that bike? Cool that you were able to score the tank. V/r Shawn

I wonder what a set of John's red white walls would look like on that bike? Cool that you were able to score the tank. V/r Shawn

I actually have a pair of those red/cream tires in my garage. I don't think those reds would match very well but then the clay red doesn't match perfectly either, lol.

Back