When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Red Panther

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
This is a great story that I will be sharing with my family tonight. Tim looks like you made out ok in the end as well, you are a fantastic human being for making sure Jim got his bike back. I am asking myself if I would have been that good of a person; that is such a gorgeous bike. I wonder how it ended up staying at that same bike shop for the 25-30 years? Maybe the bike shop owner had it in his possession and decided to put it up for sale last spring?

Hi Jim, Your Child hood bike never left the Martin Bike Shop after you sold it to them back in the 80's or 90's...
In October of 2018 the Martins need to make room in there warehouse for newer inventory...
I purchase that bike along with 60 other bikes... At Copake April 2019 Spring swap this bike did get some attention due it's awesome overall condition...
received many offer's which where lower than I valued bike... And here comes Tim a Middleweight Collector as well as a great Guy I have known for many years...
All along I knew Tim was the guy for this bike... His bikes are always so Immaculate... Also knew he would detail and have it looking Immaculate as always... Sold it to Tim..

Jim Your Green B6 bike your sitting on as well as the Corvette was apart of that group of 60 bikes I purchase... I do know where the Green B6 bike is located... Ed

Hey, Ed, It's nice to finally meet the man who found my bike!

Actually, the bike you are calling a B-6 is actually an early 1950's Green Phantom with wrong parts on it that I painted up to match the frame of the Phantom, instead of chrome plated fenders. The fenders that are on that bike I installed on it in around late 1974 hame from a girl's Hornet ballooon tire bike that I bought from Harvey Williams Schwinn for $15.00 for those fenders. If I am correct, the front fender should still have an original delta script fender mounted torpedo style headlight on it with an offwhite paint on it. One of the things I marveled about that light is that it never had batteries in it until I got it in '74, and the original instruction card for working the light was still inside the unit. The rear rack I put on the bike, I believe came from a mid 1950's JC Higgins that I painted with Pactra Leaf Green to also match the green frame of the Phantom.Here is the best picture I have of that bike. It was taken in 1976, 6 years before I sold it to Martins' Schwinn (That is what the business was called when I sold it and my Panther to them in 1982), now Martin's Bike Shop. If this is the bike you have or know its whereabouts, and it still looks like this, I might be interested in getting this back, as well.

Edit; just one other observation to what you said, here, I still own my 5 speed Corvette, as I never sold that bike to Martins. As of the upcoming year 2020, I will have owned this Corvette 45 years , come this May.

Jim.

Franken Green Phantom in '76 .jpg

Last edited:
Jim, Sorry Bike in question did have original Paint as well as front fender having a early B6 / Phantom fender light with white cover...
This bike also had heave rust through out as well as missing parts such as Tank, Rack Pedals etc .. Ed

Back