When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Red Panther

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Tim s

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Hey Everybody, I have been detailing this Panther and thought some pics would be good. Enjoy. Tim

4B179552-E0E2-4574-9A6D-683E46EFC7F6.jpeg

03346BCF-533E-47A0-81DE-29A3C40D6AD2.jpeg

5E3738D7-7D60-4484-93E1-1D8544F19B42.jpeg

nice! Reminds me of a sweet 62 Deluxe American I used to own. It had a fender light, white grips and reverse screen guard, but pretty much the same bike.

Third time was a charm with this bike. I first saw it at a bike shop and passed on buying it. A few weeks went by and I went back to the bike shop and it was gone. Then it surfaced at the Copake NY swap meet and I bought it from a fellow collector. I love the red along with the white and chrome on this bike and the speedometer works too. Tim

Turns out that a guy on the Schwinn bike forum thought it was his childhood bike. He described several things about the bike and they all checked out including serial number and a small dent on the handlebar. He also included a picture of he and the bike from back in the day. I first saw the bike in PA and that’s where he lives so the bike might return home to its original owner. Tim

Third time was a charm with this bike. I first saw it at a bike shop and passed on buying it. A few weeks went by and I went back to the bike shop and it was gone. Then it surfaced at the Copake NY swap meet and I bought it from a fellow collector. I love the red along with the white and chrome on this bike and the speedometer works too. Tim

Was meant to be yours! Very nice bike.

-Mike

Turns out that a guy on the Schwinn bike forum thought it was his childhood bike. He described several things about the bike and they all checked out including serial number and a small dent on the handlebar. He also included a picture of he and the bike from back in the day. I first saw the bike in PA and that’s where he lives so the bike might return home to its original owner. Tim

That would really be cool! Did Jim mention why the Panther left his possession? I've known him for about 10 years and I'm surprised he would have let that bike go. He still has his Corvette 5 speed that he had when he was a kid.

GTs58, Jim said that during the 80s or 90s he sold that bike and another one to Martins bike shop to help make a car payment when work was slow. That is the bike store where I first saw the bike last spring. Jim said that his dad gave him the bike for Christmas in 1969 and the speedometer was a 1970 Christmas present. We have agreed to trade bike for bike hopefully this weekend. I am glad Jim is getting his childhood bike back, that’s where it belongs. Tim

I was forced to sell it in 1982 during that short but sharp recession that occurred that year. We were only working 2 or 3 days a week at the plant I was at, back then, and I was falling short in finances to make my car payment. I lost my Green Phantom, and it was a heartbreaking decision I had to make. Either sell the 5 speed Corvette, or my Panther. Then after much gut wrenching thinking, I had to let the Panther go...

Here is another picture from July of 1974 . I'm sitting on my pieced together Green Phantom with aftermarket Wald fenders. Next is a 1960 Radiant Red Mk IV Jaguar I bought to get the tank from it for my Phantom. I painted the tank to match the Phantom using Pactra leaf green rattle can " 'Namel" paint. Next is my beloved Panther, the subject of discussion, here, and after that is my brand new 1974 Suburban, that I would sell two years later to buy my first car.

Jim.

Me with my Schwinn bike collection in July of 1974. I'm sitting on my Phantom that I just got....jpg

Last edited:
Back