When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Red Phantom aka "old crusty" will be my new rider

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Here’s my old Black Phantom tank. The Schwinn decal was completely missing.
IMG_3710.JPG

I made a tracing of SCHWINN from the pages of Memory Lane catalog back in ’95 when
they offered water-transfer decals for several brand bikes.
I transferred the letters to a brass sheet plate that was thin enough for me to cut & file as needed.
I used brass because I knew the brass would tarnish with time. Which is what I wanted
so that it would match the rest of my Phantom.
Eventually, got the water decals from ML, but kept the one I had made for the tank.

Thanks buddy i love these old bikes , took a long time to gdt that way , i will send you some pics of my crusty black phantom with a bullet hole in the tank ☺

Be careful who rides your bike! A good friend rode my bike but forgot to mention
that he had a fight with his girlfriend.
Luckily, the letters were not damaged! ;)
(wink-wink) Just kidding!
bullets.jpg

Last edited:
Here’s my old Black Phantom tank. The Schwinn decal was completely missing.
View attachment 892065

I made a tracing of SCHWINN from the pages of Memory Lane catalog back in ’95 when
they offered water-transfer decals for several brand bikes.
I transferred the letters to a brass sheet plate that was thin enough for me to cut & file as needed.
I used brass because I knew the brass would tarnish with time. Which is what I wanted
so that it would match the rest of my Phantom.
Eventually, got the water decals from ML, but kept the one I had made for the tank.
Wow that is really sweet , cool idea !

Back