When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold REDUCED Original Paint 1964 Flam Lime Schwinn Stingray Boys Bicycle

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Price
Zipcode

mike1117

Finally riding a big boys bike
LOCAL PICK UP ONLY. Listed as a complete bike, but as you can clearly see it needs some work and additional parts. I recently purchased the bike from the original owner. As the frame has been repaired as shown I decided to take off the parts I wanted to keep, either replace the parts, or leave them off, and the result is what is shown and I am selling. No other parts are available for sale, for sale as pictured. Paint is original but worn as shown. Frame is an F4, forks 8-4 dated. I did not remove crank to see date. Seat is an original seat but is very worn, poor shape. Incorrect strut, no guard or chain, wrong bars, not a Schwinn rear wheel, newer front S7 wheel. I can not make out the store tag on bike, there is a Los Angeles bike license sticker that states expires in 1968. Not original tires. Look at photos. I am sorry but I do not ship bikes for many personal reasons, just my choice to do it this way. I know and do not need to be told this really limits the market of who I sell to, but I would rather miss a sale than ship bikes anymore. Price is $450, I am located in San Jose, California. May trade up or down for Stingray bikes or parts.

102_0154.JPG

102_0155.JPG

102_0156.JPG

102_0157.JPG

102_0158.JPG

102_0159.JPG

102_0160.JPG

102_0161.JPG

102_0162.JPG

102_0163.JPG

102_0164.JPG

102_0166.JPG

102_0167.JPG

102_0168.JPG

102_0169.JPG

102_0170.JPG

102_0171.JPG

102_0172.JPG

102_0173.JPG

102_0174.JPG

102_0175.JPG

102_0176.JPG

102_0178.JPG

102_0179.JPG

You are correct in that I also had it listed on Facebook for sale, list price was $350 on Facebook which is the same price it was listed on here for. You are incorrect that it sold for just $100, and wonder where you would have come up with that $100 figure, and why you would want to state on this forum I sold it for $100. I know what I just sold my own bike for, and it was not close to the $100 you are telling me I sold my bike for. I suppose the only thing that should matter is that I am happy, and the buyer also seemed very happy with the transaction.

Yes, I see now where Lakewood was correct in stating it sold for $100 as that is what the buyer stated it sold for on a FB post. Sorry Lakewood, did not know where you were getting your information from. I have made a few deals in the past with the buyer who is a real gentleman. And I must admit when I saw his son riding this bike, knew I had to sell it to him, I love that photo of him next to the bike that Lakewood posted. My first Stingray when I was 9 years old was a new 1964 Flam Lime Stingray, also an F4 bike like the one I just sold. I do not know what ever happened to that bike, but my parents kept the bike shop receipt that has the serial # of the bike on it so I knew it was a June of 64 bike I got when I was 9 years old. It is all good, and as I stated in my original post, "I suppose the only thing that should matter is that I am happy, and the buyer also seemed very happy with the transaction." And by the photo it looks also like the son is very happy, that is a good deal all around.

Back