When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Reference Books

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Fred Plummer

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Hello Folks,
I just joined The CABE and I'm really excited about finding such a treasure! I am hooked on classic and antique bicycles.

What books can you recommend that will help me in identifying and dating bicycles? For many years my hobby has been repairing and building bicycles but since I recently retired, I am devoting all my time to bicycle restoration and bicycle repair. I found some folks on here talking about a good book that somebody at ABC services (?) has for sale. Can you tell me how to find him?

Any books you can recommend to help me with my reference library would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Fred

There are a number of them for sale in the Cabe store. Most are brand specific. I think the book w/the most info is the "Newsletter By John/Introduction to classic bicycles. The two Evolution books are good, with a lot of original ads. However, the pics of collectors' bikes have a lot of incorrect info. Example, one shows a "1949 Schwinn Tornado". The Tornado wasn't introduced until the 1957 xmas season as a new '58 model. I bought many of mine used on ebay, much cheaper. Many are spiral bound, and not regular published books, so they do tend to go in and out of print.

There are a number of them for sale in the Cabe store. Most are brand specific. I think the book w/the most info is the "Newsletter By John/Introduction to classic bicycles. The two Evolution books are good, with a lot of original ads. However, the pics of collectors' bikes have a lot of incorrect info. Example, one shows a "1949 Schwinn Tornado". The Tornado wasn't introduced until the 1957 xmas season as a new '58 model. I bought many of mine used on ebay, much cheaper. Many are spiral bound, and not regular published books, so they do tend to go in and out of print.
Thank you for taking the time to help me. I really appreciate it!

Fred

This is a picture of my most of my 50+ year collect. Mostly bought in used book stores. Many great books were written on old bikes in the 1970s/80s/. Also many xmas and birthday gifts. You just have to look. Roger

IMG_1075.jpg

Back