When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Reflector removal from monark super delux

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

75 Bronco

Finally riding a big boys bike
Is there a certain technique to remove/replace a reflector from a rear fender tombstone Off a 1952 Monark Super Delux? Can’t believe you would 1246031

have to shear the rivets off. I want to get the reflector housing re chromed. Thank you

Sorry You have to shear the rivets off. Try to just remove the rivet head. After the plate comes off might be able to grab the rivet shaft and pull out. If not drill and tap for a screw.
These things were not designed to be restored!

Easy fix. Install the replacement reflector, and dab some some small dots of J.B. Weld around the edges of the reflector to hold it tightly in place. Your replacement reflector, if a re-pop, may not fit tight like the original if you don't. Then replace the metal backing, using dabs of J.B. Weld to hold it in. Sometimes the replacements have to be ground down on the edges a tiny bit to snap in. Use a dremel cut-off wheel to remove rivet heads, if need be.

Easy fix. Install the replacement reflector, and dab some some small dots of J.B. Weld around the edges of the reflector to hold it tightly in place. Your replacement reflector, if a re-pop, may not fit tight like the original if you don't. Then replace the metal backing, using dabs of J.B. Weld to hold it in. Sometimes the replacements have to be ground down on the edges a tiny bit to snap in. Use a dremel cut-off wheel to remove rivet heads, if need be.
the Tinker is right, ive done this with the exception of using silicon and putting a big dab on both sides of the backing plate, it can't be seen and can be removed if need be.....

Have your wife or girlfriend remove your reflector. My wife's nails are perfect for removing small screws, rivets and just about anything else.

I would use some JB Weld to put the reflector back on.Simple fix. There are many good glues on the market.I like Shoe Goo from Ace.

Back