When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Regarding the HD bike thread and deleting posts

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
You can enjoy each other. It just seems a little desperate to always think others want to be subjected to it while reading a thread about a bicycle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm admit, you two make me laugh more than anyone on here! Just sometimes think it's out of place.
I don't even know you guys, but I feel like I do sometimes.

the real answer to the original post is that, from past experience, if a thread gets out of hand, and you delete all of the offensive stuff, but leave the thread open, it will simply pick back up where it left off.
time and again it has happened. it works best to delete offensive or heated stuff, and close the thread. no one needs to be banned for getting upset, though we have had some people who seem to always be in the center of controversy and then a decision must be made. WPB really is an institution in our hobby, it's not in his character to be mean spirited or chronically problematic. I'm sure there is a certain amount of weight placed on a desire to keep him here, but that's a good thing, knowledgeable and experienced people are worth keeping if you can. I think irascible may be a better description than many others for Walter, I for one hope he gets over being upset and comes back. I also understand the tendency as I get older to lose patience more quickly.
while I don't think favoritism is the right word, this isn't a democracy either, some people have been here a long time and contributed a bunch, and it is true made friends here, and that does carry some weight, it has to.
I also agree that some of the shenanigans have run off some of the most potentially valuable members over the years, but that usually amounts to Scott trying to be fair to the new or less polished guys than favoring some old time collector or friend. you'll notice there are more new guys than old guys here. keep that in mind the next time you want to talk about favoritism.

and I also wanted to point out that I have more thumbs up than Bikewhorder...:rolleyes:

37Fleetwood, I think you put it better than I ever could have. Thanks for chiming in.

I started thinking about this the other night, when I woke up at 2:30 am and couldn't get back to sleep. For some reason, the HD thread just bummed me out. I know, it's kind of sad that a bicycle thread bummed me out, but for whatever reason it did. It was exciting to see that bike and that thread, and then a big thud. I guess it was just disappointing.

Thanks to all for their opinions and input. Thanks to Scott for having this site! Shall we lay this one to rest?

Back