When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Reliance Bicycle?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Scottyc4

On Training Wheels
Has anyone heard of the bicycle brand Reliance? Internet searches have been coming up empty. This is an older bike not sure of age, says Made in England engraved on handlebars with stickers that read The Reliance on them. Not sure if this is the brand name or model name. Any ideas would be helpful!

20201015_163754.jpg

20201015_163805.jpg

20201015_163814.jpg

There was a "Wings Reliance" badged bicycle (Goodyear Tire and Rubber Co.) for sale (briefly) in Atlanta not long ago (FBM). Whether there's any connection, I don't know. I was thinking maybe the English bike was imported by Goodyear, but comparing the badges, maybe not.

WR - 1.PNG

WR - 2.PNG

WR - 3.PNG

Check the rear hub for a date. I think there were a lot of smaller English makers, especially in the '30's and '40's. But Hercules, Raleigh and Phillips sold bikes under a lot of different names up through the '50's, and I'd guess that's about when your bike was built. You may have to join the Veteran-Cycle Club or have someone who is a member see if there's anything on Reliance.

Thanks Oilit for the reply. There is a set of numbers engraved on the rear hub area K222518 but no idea what that means.

Pictures? That sounds like it may be a serial number. Most English bikes used Sturmey-Archer 3 speed hubs, which usually have a date code like this one from March 1949.

IMG_2994.JPG

Has anyone heard of the bicycle brand Reliance? Internet searches have been coming up empty. This is an older bike not sure of age, says Made in England engraved on handlebars with stickers that read The Reliance on them. Not sure if this is the brand name or model name. Any ideas would be helpful!

View attachment 1284799

View attachment 1284800

View attachment 1284801
I have a women’s English 3 speed also with “The Reliance” printed on the chain guard. Did you ever figure out anything else about the brand? I have only ever seen the brand referenced in one other forum. Thanks for the post.
Matt

Back