When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Remember that rare crusty Silver King Camelback on CL a while ago ???

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
What did you have to do to end up with it? Werent there a load of people trying to get it? This bike was getting a lot of talk! It has it's own cabe history lol

When I saw the Craigslist ad I thought it was funny that the guy found the bike in some blackberry bushes. I 'd never seen that model for so I posted the link on the Cabe. I'm glad Joel got the bike. i can't wait to see it when he is finished.

I called the guy and told him what he had and we had a nice chat. He collects motorcycles and wanted the bike to go to someone who would appreciate it. The CL ad had drawn 100s of responses and he seemed a little tired of all the attention. There were higher offers but none from local buyers and he didn't want to ship it. Johnny B. and his brother were kind enough to help me out with that.

After cleanup... I still need the right sprocket and will have to modify a drop stand to fit, otherwise all the parts are there. The tires I thought would fit didn't so these will work until the right set comes along. And the stem, which is not likely correct, is really stuck in there. I've soaked it for a month now and applied as much force as I feel comfortable with. Was fortunate to pick up the rare badge and rims from a good friend here at the CABE.

Cleaned5.jpg

Cleaned4.jpg

Dbadge2.jpg

Last edited:
I have two of these.I was going to try to polish the frames using an auto buffer and rubbing compound. Do ya think it will work?If you come up with a good way to polish these frames please post.Cant wait to see the finished product.Good luck.
Picture2045-1.jpg

I like it! Polishing turned out great Joel. Nice to finally see pix of such a rare breed. Derek

Back