When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

remember the utter POS stingray thread?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Reminds me many years ago wife and took a truckload of working tv's to a local flea market. By afternoon we hadn't sold one.
An older fellow stopped and said the prices were too cheap, people assumed they were junk. "Double the ticket prices, see what happens", so we did.
Within next hour or so, we sold all of them.
Strange thing human nature! [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk
For whatever reason ...................that does work......................SOMETIMES , It's darn crazy ! People want to THINK that what they have has VALUE , So they would rather pay MORE for it ........................So they can have that warm and fuzzy feeling. UGH !!! :mad:

People are generally stupid when it comes to modern collectables. I see that "Mike's bike" stingray from "Stranger Things" can now be found for about issue price or just a little more. It sold out and I'm sure everyone thought if they held it a few months, gonna be their 401K. Remember Billy Beer or even Harleys that were bought to be put away as a blue chip investment ?. Or better yet Dodge Coronet "Hemi clone" cars at Barrett -Jackson six or so years ago going upwards of $150k. Lot of people puking now ! As for the Yellow Submarine stingray, only a Beatle collector that has everything and needs to spend money to get a fix, like what happens in so many emotion driven purchases with modern collectables.

Last edited:
This is what I think goes on (in the bike world). Most all CABE members have incredible knowledge of bikes that the average person (average bike lover) doesn't have.
Fifty years ago "Bobby" missed out on getting the bike he wanted for Christmas.
Now the fellow here selling "the pos bike" was being honest. The Bobbys of the world don't know any better, they now have money and can have what they missed as a kid.
Clones and reproductions are ok as long as the buyer is made aware what it is, lack of quality and value.
I know more about old cars than bikes. In my 20s I used to street race and had a '69 Hurst SC/Rambler that I rolled end over end in a race (I was stupid). It was the "A" scheme, then in mid 70s I bought a "B" (rarer 500) one I still have it. It was a $1,200 car then, not worth it to clone. Now there are clones and you really have to know what to look for to know "the real McCoy".
As time goes on, lots of bikes are going up in price. At some point they start being cloned...and that's where you need an expert opinion. Sadly, the clones get better all the time.
I'd love other's thoughts on this, but I'm thinking sellers ought to be told (for honesty, transparency,etc.) in description what was paid for item and/or valuation.
c42caa59eb0e70ce9aebc67693159624.jpg
1194fb9e49e8a22f717da8cb28abd05e.jpg

I always liked those Rambler Americans of the 60’s. Simple clean styling. Yours really cool! A guy from work is putting an LS1 and 4 link into one

I always liked those Rambler Americans of the 60’s. Simple clean styling. Yours really cool! A guy from work is putting an LS1 and 4 link into one
The sacrilege!!!!!
Rambler people will hate him, so will the Chevy people. Talk him out of it unless it's too late.
Put the Chevy mill in a Nova, Camaro, etc.
That's like an old Elgin bike frame basterdized with Wally World parts...yuk!

What in the sweet Tarnation is goin' on here ? I really am puzzled. Seems CRAZY bikes , With CRAZY Prices abound. Are they for CRAZY people ? I'm confused :poutingcat:
Don't be confused!! That's what happens when you have to much money and not enough time to spend it! OR is that the other way around? HOLY poop!! NOW i'm SOOO confused TOOOO!!

I donno, but I'm wondering if tarnation is one word or two. It's not a word I use in my company reports, I use "what the hell", and it seems what in tarnation would be a bit more appropriate. :p

And I'm glad to see you used the C word verses the R word. :cool:.................;)
I always liked Slim Pickens line in blazing saddles "WHAT IN WIDE WIDE WORLD OF SPORTS IS GOING ON IN HERE?" That one always works for me.

The sacrilege!!!!!
Rambler people will hate him, so will the Chevy people. Talk him out of it unless it's too late.
Put the Chevy mill in a Nova, Camaro, etc.
That's like an old Elgin bike frame basterdized with Wally World parts...yuk!

LOL! Aw,C'mon,Its hot rodding. All about fun,our toys dont have souls

Last edited:
Back