When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Remembering Paul Genaro - Bike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I built a wonderful friendship with Paul. I found him the perfect Gentle~man. Truly an honest broker in life.....a gentle giant. He went out of his way to be nice. A fountain of knowledge which he gladly shared. For me ~ worth mentioning....>> Two treasures he found for me were: (A) the ORIGINAL Patent Model from the USA Patent Office for the Otto Dicycle 1880. No mean feat! I had to fly from Toronto to Seattle to pay and pick it up. (B) The other was the ORIGINAL Vellum patent document from the (Queen Victoria's) UK Patent Office for the May 21st, 1863 RANTOON of J. Goodman. This is described as a 'hand and foot powered' Manumotive vehicle. An exceptional rarity. I always made sure he had first refusal on many of my post 1900 objects. Every transaction we had was completed as one would hope. He will be missed.

The last time I saw Paul was at Memory Lane, Grand Rapids. He and I traded parts back and forth over the years, mostly in person transactions. At that last meet, he sold me a lamp that I'm extremely fond of. It is a hand lamp with a unique hanging mechanism. I cleaned it up some, and it's in beautiful condition. I've collected lighting for 40 years, and I cherish this lamp. I intended to tell Paul how thrilled I am to own it the next time I saw him. I didn't know Paul as well as some of the more "seasoned" collectors, but he was my friend, and I miss him. Thank you Paul!

20th Century MFG Co
Made in USA
Carbide

fat.png

I made this 'Fat Yankee' badge for PG years ago... If you look at the right side glass, you'll notice it's frosted (he lost an eye decades ago), he really got a kick out of that. It's the only one in existence. He'd tease me when my french accent came out when I got exited about bikes and Whizzers and spoke english too fast (I'm Quebecois), made all kinds of 'frog' jokes and I loved him for his uniqueness and big heart. I'd call him the fat Yankee or The Bike Oracle Of Upstate New York...

Years ago, i'd bought a valve cover for my 261 inline Six Stovebolt but the sender would not ship to Canada, so I had it shipped to Paul who would then bring it to Hershey. He took delivery of MY valve cover, hung it in a tree and shot it with what must have been 200 rounds. Then brought it to Hershey...It's still hanging in my garage, a rusted reminder of a unique friendship... So long, 'Fats', pretty sure Stinky is waiting for you.

Last edited:
Back