When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Removing a new water decal? Whats the best way?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

blincoe

I live for the CABE
I want to take this water decal off and put a new one. It doesn't look like clear coat is on top.

What's the best way to remove this decal with out damaging the paint? I have seen threads about someone using micro sol, but maybe someone has done it another way?

Here's a picture of the decal I want to remove and place a new one.

image.jpg

Tip the bike so the decal is facing up and then keep is covered with wet rags. That should loosen it eventually. If it doesn't it is probably not a water slide decal. Not sure you will know what this means but the key is "Patience Grass Hopper". Roger

Tip the bike so the decal is facing up and then keep is covered with wet rags. That should loosen it eventually. If it doesn't it is probably not a water slide decal. Not sure you will know what this means but the key is "Patience Grass Hopper". Roger

Copy that sir.

Vinegar should soften it up without harming the paint.

^^^^ +1 ^^^^

I don't know how fresh that paint is, but I sure wouldn't take the chance with Goofy off. I use it at work and it ruins 6 month old fresh factory paint, polycarbonate and acrylic.

^^^^ +1 ^^^^

I don't know how fresh that paint is, but I sure wouldn't take the chance with Goofy off. I use it at work and it ruins 6 month old fresh factory paint, polycarbonate and acrylic.

Do a google search for model car or train decal removal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want to take this water decal off and put a new one. It doesn't look like clear coat is on top.

What's the best way to remove this decal with out damaging the paint? I have seen threads about someone using micro sol, but maybe someone has done it another way?

Here's a picture of the decal I want to remove and place a new one.

View attachment 791090
Done it, took a newly placed dry decal off the head stock of a Fender guitar, just use light weight clear packing tape, or Scotch tape should work too.

Back