When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Removing grips without destroying them.

-
The immersion in boiling (almost) water has never failed for me. TOC 20th century grips were sometimes glued down with shellac- give the heat time to work, or heat up the bars with a heat gun to loosen that up.

I have had reasonably good luck with the tiny flatblade screwdriver.....put oil or soapy water on it and slowly work it in there as far as You can.......The straw on a can of WD-40 will then fit down in there and pump it full of penetrating oil......I have also used just plain old Windex....Good Luck on Your next set!!!

I have had reasonably good luck with the tiny flatblade screwdriver.....put oil or soapy water on it and slowly work it in there as far as You can.......The straw on a can of WD-40 will then fit down in there and pump it full of penetrating oil......I have also used just plain old Windex....Good Luck on Your next set!!!

Keep in mind that some petroleum products destroy vinyl, types of rubber etc.... WD is highly distilled mineral spirits.

Back