When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Removing grips without destroying them.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Does anyone know how to remove grips without killing them, is there a trick I am unaware of. I wanted to save these but got impatient and murdered them. So I made key chains out of what was left. I used low heat, oil, soapy water, butter knife, rag and plyers but they didn't budge, I thought they were glued but when I cut them off there was no sign of anything. Please chime in if you have a trick. Thanks, I put on the metalflake ones, they look way better.

View attachment 1652411

View attachment 1652412

View attachment 1652424
I use open end wrench ,slide over bar against grip tap off with hammer

@Nashman posted ”Sounds like a "re-training" opportunity here. Just kidding, ( comment and picture) but if you don't break or slime anything up, leave it like you found it, what's the harm? Maybe not when she's in the tub having a bubble bath, or your pasta for dinner is draining in the sink, but it's a "once in awhile" procedure.”

Really no need to. When we built the house, we designed the lower level to have a two car tandem garage built into it. That garage houses the mechanicals for the house, my woodworking stuff, and my bicycle shop with necessary tools and with its own deep sink. Perfect for clean-up, wet sanding, OA baths, and anything else that needs hot water.

Back