When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Removing grips without destroying them.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
A heat gun at low heat about 10 - 12 inches away from the grip. Start at the lower end and work around the grip. After about two minutes try to twist it. If it doesn’t move continue heating for three or four minutes. It should move by then. Then twist and pull at the same time. Then heat again and repeat. It will be slow going but you have to be patient.

These are all good ideas. The one addition I can make is to the "small screwdriver" method. Instead of a screwdriver, I use a cutoff from a cable tie. It's just over 1/4" wide and has enough stiffness to work it under a grip, but it won't scratch the handlebar or tear the grip. The process is to work it under as far as it will go, squirt in some water, work it around side-to-side and forward, give the grip a twist, and repeat. This can also be combined with the "hairdryer/heatgun" method, when necessary. Have fun!

... Small flat blade screw driver inserted ... then compressed air with the rubber tip right next to it while twisting it off ... I use hair spray inside the new grip install ... it lets you move them around where you want em ... and they won't move when it dries ... you can remove them easy with the same method ...

Back