When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Removing grips without destroying them.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Air nozzle (blow nozzle) into the hole, cover the hole on the other one. The one with the hole covered will be the 1st one to come off. Pressure builds and moves that grip right off the handlebar. Then put the nozzle in and blow the other one off. Sometimes you have to turn the grip back and forth a bit to unstick it. It works every time.

Expansion with heat is the way. Full sun or heat gun. Pry them up a little, spray some Windex (or PB Blaster) up in there and start wrestlin'. If the original installer used hairspray it's going to be tough. If you can pry them up a little without splitting, I have found compressed air sometimes speeds things up (depending on how much elasticity is left in them) wear some goggles tho

The best thing I have seen is gently use a narrow flat blade screwdriver , push the screwdriver into the grip about an inch a spray a little brake parts cleaner in the grip & they twist right off , a heat gun & WD 40 works about the same

My wife prefers that I leave bicycle parts out of the bathrooms and the kitchen (and keep them in my shop.)
Sounds like a "re-training" opportunity here. Just kidding, ( comment and picture) but if you don't break or slime anything up, leave it like you found it, what's the harm? Maybe not when she's in the tub having a bubble bath, or your pasta for dinner is draining in the sink, but it's a "once in awhile" procedure.

Back