When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Removing Hub Cap

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

idighistory

Look Ma, No Hands!
Wanting to remove hub caps on wagon to restore. What is the best way to raise up the tabs with out breaking them. Heating them?? I don't know if this is a Murray or Mercry wagon. I am new to this and don't know anything about them. I know I want to restore the Mercry or what ever it is, but the Flyers I am going to sell. Is it better to restore or sell they as is? And could anyone give me some ballpark prices on these wagons. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

IMG_20201231_183721.jpg

IMG_20201231_183732.jpg

IMG_20201231_184115.jpg

IMG_20201231_183849.jpg

Last edited:
I agree with what phantom said regarding the hubcaps. I'm assuming the wagon has some sort of sentimental or intrinsic value because a pint of decent paint and the chrome bill on the hubcaps will far exceed the value of this wagon. Murray is the manufacturer and Mercury is the brand. The other two have little value--$25 or less so I would do nothing to them. V/r Shawn

if you try to lift the tabs holding the hubcaps you will break them, sell the wagons as is and let the new owner do that!

I agree with what phantom said regarding the hubcaps. I'm assuming the wagon has some sort of sentimental or intrinsic value because a pint of decent paint and the chrome bill on the hubcaps will far exceed the value of this wagon. Murray is the manufacturer and Mercury is the brand. The other two have little value--$25 or less so I would do nothing to them. V/r Shawn
Mary is wanting to keep it and was wanting me to restore it. You know when you get orders of Headquarters you have to carry through. Thanks

if you try to lift the tabs holding the hubcaps you will break them, sell the wagons as is and let the new owner do that!
My girlfriend is wanting to keep it and wants me to restore it. Do you think if I used a little propane heating tip it would be alright?? Thanks

Back