When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Removing paint

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

HerrOtto

Finally riding a big boys bike
Hello, I have what I believe to be a mid 1950's JC Higgins 3 speed. The bike was poorly repainted (rattle can) in 1972, I would like to know if it is possible to remove the repaint paint without damaging the factory paint job? I spoke to the person who repainted it and they said they do not remember sanding the factory paint, and they also only repainted it to, change the color. At the very least, I would like to remove the repaint paint from the head badge without ruining it. Thank you

Goof off grafitti remover is a good first step. Experiment with how long you leave it on and what you wipe it off with- old t-shirts and gritty red shop rags behave differently. As suggested, check out the restoration tips section. What is the original headbage material and finish? You might want to take it off and use gentler methods on it.

Back